Rules for Youth RR - 2010 Season
The Scorekeeper last approved scores for this shoot on: unknown
Shoot Begins: Sunday, November 1, 2009
Shoot Ends: Sunday, October 31, 2010
Scores must be Submitted by: Monday, November 15, 2010
All shooters must become thoroughly familiar with the Society rules, range procedures, and particularly the Society
- Range Marshal - All shooting must be done under the supervision of an Archery Range Marshal (ARM).
- Heed all commands of the ARM in charge of the shoot.
- The ARM running the shoot has the final say on all decisions. Anyone not following the ARM's direction will be subject
to discipline including expulsion from archery activities. If an archer thinks the ARM's decision is faulty, it should be
appealed to the West Kingdom Royal Archer, in accordance with the West Kingdom and Society grievance procedures.
- Shooting hours are set by the Archery Marshal in Charge (AMIC) and the ARM.
- No missile (arrow, bolt etc.) is to be nocked or loaded while anyone is down range.
- No missile is to be nocked or loaded while bow or crossbow is pointed in any direction except down range and on the
- No horseplay or fooling around at the shooting line.
- No shooting after or during the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- No one is to go down range to retrieve missiles until the line is cleared by the command of the ARM.
-Treat all bows and crossbows as if they are ready to shoot; keep them pointed in a safe direction at all times.
- All range equipment must be checked and certified to be in good working order by their owners before being used and
- Bows and crossbows, etc. may not be removed from the shooting line unless uncocked and by their owner.
- All missile weapons shall be made safe immediately after the command "bows down" regardless of when the command
- All inexperienced shooters should be accompanied by an experienced shooter, and anyone under 18 must be
accompanied by an adult.
- Targets are the only objects that may be shot at on the range.
- Be courteous to fellow archers. Do not distract them while shooting.
- Do not leave trash anywhere on any range. Place in trash can, or take it with you.